Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Simple Staging Decor Transformations: Change Your Furniture Style With Paint!

Are you thinking of moving and need to make what you have work for now?
Or maybe your downsized and the cost for new smaller items, just seem too high?

Enter decorating on a budget!


The nice thing about the word “budget,” (or at least in 2014 decorating terms) is you can look at it as repurposing!

This way it’s fun! It’s a challenge! And not as something that limits you. 

My next few blogs will feature key pieces that I have refinished to fit my space, as I transformed my livingroom from shabby chic cottage-style (2009) to contemporary classic (2014).

End Table Transformation

My first project was old two end tables. I think I bought them both for like $20. at an estate sale. They were a deal. Solid wood and in good condition. But the light woods finish was wearing off. 




First, I used paint remover and steel wool to get the flaking finish off.Then to sand it smooth, I used my 18v Ryobi palm sander. That little sander is sweet by the way!

A little white paint and stain for the top and I had a shabby chic cottage-style finish:



 To transform the tables yet again, I used three coats of Rustoleum High Gloss latex paint. This paint cost around 8. for a quart and did three coats on all the pieces in this blog. I also repurposed knobs by spray painting some old copper ones, satin Nickel

Here is the result:

  

The TV Hutch

My TV hutch, and yes, it really is an old hutch, also got a new paint job and knobs. This solid wood piece originally came from a garage sale for $15. unfinished and in disrepair. 

But with my eye for design and my husband’s construction expertise, we transformed it to fit our space and our TV. By adding castors, I can move it easily and without help. Which if your like me and like to rearrange often this is a huge help! Then to house the DVD player, we added cut outs for access in the drawer. The drawer also provides additional storage. 

Here is the hutch done in shabby chic cottage-style:



 Now as a contemporary classic piece:



So next time your scoping out items at a garage or estate sale that aren't quite the color or style you are after - think outside the box! 

Estate Sale find for $4. Patio table unfinished,
is now a cute side table with a bit of high gloss paint!


An old wooden picture frame, gets a quick update with high gloss black. Lean the frame on a mantle with a few candles for a simple focal point. 

And if you are like me, just look around your house and see what you can transform with a little paint and creativeness.


For Simple Staging services: 

By using furniture and other pieces that you have available, I can help you transform your home into a neutral decor that will reach the maximum amount of buyers attention.

Simple transformations, done on a budget, will get the job done! 

Objective: We want your home's new owner to be drawn into loving your home and looking forward to navigating it and make it their own! 

Just as you will when you find that perfect "New Home."




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home