Wednesday, March 28, 2012

His & Her sides ~ Of the Yard

The grass cutting season is among us and a bit early this year. In fact, we cut our lawn for the first time this past weekend. I think it's the earliest ever!

My husband and I have formed strict set ground rules about who cuts grass where. I thought this was just our quirk, but after posting a blurb on a local gardening forum, I learned it was more common than I knew.

An important part of garden design includes
using curves. Curves soften the view of the overall landscape.
It also allows mowers to easily maneuver around the beds
without having to make sharp turns. 


Touted on the forum as, His & Her sides... the guidelines at our house are as follows:
 HE stays on HIS side of the yard. Which contains only trees, barns and drives to cut around. So my flowers are safe from thrown grass clippings and large blades.
SHE, on the other hand, can go anywhere. But her focuses is on HER side of the yard. Which contains, curving landscaping, flower beds, a pond - and anywhere that might include being careful.
.
Of course, I knew there would be times when I couldn't cut MY side of the yard. It falls into the "in sickness" part of marriage vows. When I am sick, HE is "allowed" to cut MY side of the lawn with his John Deer. He is also "allowed" when spring brings on a thick layer of grass that my zero turn mulcher won't tackle.

That is what happened this past weekend. MY side was just to thick to cut. I did manage to use the zero turn to trim around the curves, which gave me some peace of mind. Thanks to my husband's careful cutting, and my watchful eye, MY side survived- this time.

So do You & Your's - take sides? Yard cutting wise of course!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home